Last updated July 15, 2021
Privacy Notice and Acceptance
What kind of information do we collect?
In addition to information you submit to us, Retirement Genius may also collect information from several other sources, including insurance companies, agents, brokers, representatives, doctors, hospitals, and others. The information we receive includes, without limitation:
- Personally identifiable information, such as an your name, address, social security number, tax identification number, other identification numbers issued by governmental bodies, email address, and telephone number;
- Health and medical information, such as doctor and hospital records, prescription information, and life expectancy evaluations;
- Life insurance and annuity information, such as the type of policy and the terms of the policy, a copy of the application, payment history, and a policy illustration;
- Transactional information such as the terms of any life settlement contracts;
- Consumer reporting agency information; and
- Recordings of telephone calls with our representatives and call centers.
What do we do with the information we collect?
The information we collect is used for: (i) evaluating insureds and life insurance policies for potential transactions, including life settlements; (ii) quality, training, and security purposes; (iii) detecting and reporting insurance fraud; (iv) carrying out market research and analysis; (v) providing and developing marketing information; (vi) managing our internal operations; (vii) responding to complaints; (viii) complying with applicable laws and regulations; and (ix) establishing and defending our legal rights. We may sell or disclose information about you to our affiliates and to nonaffiliated brokers, providers or other third parties in the course of evaluating and qualifying the respective life insurance policies, or as required or permitted by law.
Who has access to your information in our records?
For more information about third party cookies, including information about how to opt out of these technologies, visit www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. If you would like to opt out of the collection and use of Tracking Data for ad targeting, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Third Party Party Practices
Retirement Genius is not responsible for the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties such as insurance companies, annuity providers, agents, brokers, or other service providers or entities. We are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Apple, Google, Microsoft, or any other software application developer or provider, social media platform, operating system or wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including with respect to any information you disclose on Retirement Genius’s social media pages.
Use of Retirement Genius website by minors
The Retirement Genius website and social media pages are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and we request that these individuals do not provide personal information through the Retirement Genius website or social media pages.